This is a rich journey through all the white-stone masterpieces of the Vladimir-Suzdal land - seven monuments! You will visit the cathedrals of Vladimir and the Suzdal Kremlin; admire the most lyrical Russian church - the Intercession on the Nerl; you will visit the village of Kideksha. In the stories before you, stories about princes and architects will come to life, details of architecture and curious facts will not escape. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 8 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 3 reviews RUB 9800 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Vladimir's Golden Gate - front entrance to the new capital. I will tell you how in ancient times copper was gilded with fire and why in Vladimir Catherine II is scolded by some more than Khan Batu.
Assumption Cathedral of Vladimir: here you will find out why it is rightly considered the main temple of medieval Russia and a masterpiece of ancient Russian painting. Consider the richest grand-ducal necropolis, the "Catherine's" iconostasis, frescoes by Andrei Rublev and Daniil Cherny.
Dmitrovsky Cathedral of Vladimir - the miracle of white stone carving. Without leaving one place, we will see King David, Alexander the Great and the headless horseman. And then more than a thousand carved reliefs of the XII century. Using this temple as an example, I will clearly explain to you why pre-Mongol Russia is closer to Western Europe than is commonly believed.
Chambers of Andrey Bogolyubsky near Vladimir - a unique monument of civil architecture of the pre-Mongol period. Here you will find out how Vladimir acquired the status of the capital and why Prince Andrey is considered one of the most controversial Russian rulers.
Church of the Intercession on the Nerl… The path to it lies along a reserved meadow, and the church itself harmoniously stands on the bank of the river. You will enjoy the elegant architecture and understand the significance of this temple.
Suzdal Kremlin with the Nativity Cathedral… Walking through the city-museum, you will see the oldest wooden house of Suzdal, climb the ancient ramparts, admire the ability of medieval architects to fit architecture into the landscape and check the time on the clock of the 17th century.
Church of Boris and Gleb in Kideksha - “test of white stone feather” by Yuri Dolgoruky. We will discuss why this prince is appreciated in the Vladimir-Suzdal land, we will examine the ancient omphalia and frescoes of the 12th century.
As a result, in 8 hours you will get a complete and vivid idea of the best era of the Vladimir-Suzdal principality and the white-stone architecture of North-Eastern Russia.
What is included in the price and what is not
- The cost is indicated when conducting an excursion in your car (it must have a place for a guide)
- If you are traveling without a car, then transport is paid additionally: Opel Astra sedan (3 adults or 3 adults + 1 child) - 3000 rubles; minivan (5 adults or 5 adults + 1 child) - 7000 rubles
- Entrance tickets are not included in the price: Assumption Cathedral - 150 rubles, Church of Boris and Gleb - 150 rubles, Suzdal Kremlin with a museum part - 60 rubles. on the territory or a general ticket for 400 rubles. Children under 16 are free.
- You can start the excursion in Vladimir or Suzdal
- This excursion is suitable for a day trip from Moscow by high speed train, arriving in Vladimir in the morning and leaving in the evening. Please check the timetable for Swallows / Swifts to Vladimir and back.
- The listed 7 attractions are the maximum program.The route can be shortened / supplemented / adjusted according to your wishes. For example, instead of visiting the church in Kideksha (3 km from Suzdal), you can spend more time in Suzdal itself, visiting the Spaso-Efimiev Monastery, etc.
Please do not hesitate to clarify all the details and unclear points.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.