For one day, you will forget about the noisy city and dissolve in the beauty of northern nature. In a group of up to 45 people, you will see the main treasures of Karelia: explore the ancient fortress of Priozersk and the architecture of Sortavala, admire the landscapes of Ruskeala, beautiful in any weather, and if you wish, you can walk along the eco-trail over the picturesque waterfalls. Group excursion Duration More than 12 hours Group size up to 45 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus 1600 rubles per person
What awaits you
The road to the first point of our route will take about 2-3 hours, but at this time you will not be bored: our guide will tell the history of the region and its geographical features, share interesting facts about natural monuments and reveal local legends.
You will see:
- A stone island fortress on the Vuoksa River, where various characters from Russian history became its "guests";
- Scandinavian houses and streets of Sortavala - a city that changed its name three times in its time;
- Ruskeala Marble Canyon: this is the case when pictures speak better than words. Here you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, walk through the woods and be impressed by the views from the observation decks, or take a boat trip or ride a zipline and bungee.
- The Akhvenkoski waterfalls are not high, but quite noisy and incredibly picturesque: if you want, you can walk along the eco-trail right above the seething stream.
Excursion program 07:00 - departure from St. Petersburg 09:30 - 10:30 - arrival in Priozersk, visiting the Korela fortress 11:15 - arrival to Sortavala. City tour 13:00 - 16:00 - arrival at Ruskeala park, independent walk 4:45 pm - arrival at the Akhvenkoski waterfalls. Inspection of the territory, optional walk along the eco-trail 17:30 - departure to St. Petersburg 18:45 - stop in Lakhnedpohja (fish shop, alcoholic beverages shop, tasting of Karelian alcoholic beverages - optional) 23:00 - return to St. Petersburg
- The tour will be guided by one of our team's guides
- Since the park is very popular, please be prepared for the fact that you may not have time to get around all its attractions. This is especially true of the excursion "Underground Ruskeala". Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, the tour cannot be booked in advance.
- A few days before the trip, please provide your passport data (required by the legislation of the Russian Federation)
- Take your passport (for children - birth certificate) or a copy of it
What is included in the price and what is not
- The price includes transfer, as well as communication with the support service throughout the tour
- Additionally, tickets to the Ruskeala Mountain Park (350 rubles) and to the ecological trail of the Akhvenkoski waterfalls (250 rubles), as well as lunch are paid on the spot. In the mountain park and at the waterfalls, there are benefits for schoolchildren, students, seniors and veterans.
The beginning of the excursion is in the area of the Nevsky Prospekt metro station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.