In the 17th century, Patriarch Nikon decided to build the New Jerusalem - in Russia, in the Moscow region. Was it successful and what path did the holy places go? During the excursion, I will tell with interest about the history of this land and the people associated with it. And we will visit the amazing Resurrection Cathedral, the pacified Anosin Borisoglebsky Monastery and the eclectic church in Darna. Individual excursion for 1-4 people Duration 3 hours Children Without children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 1 review RUB 6500 per excursion Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Russian Palestine - chronicles and meaning Why is this called a picturesque corner near the capital? In 3 hours you will figure out how these holy places appeared on the map and in the hearts of all believers in Russia. Of course, we will pay special attention to the New Jerusalem Monastery: I will tell you what was the forerunner of the founding of the "Holy of Holies" and what a difficult fate awaited these walls. And let's also talk about church schism and the relationship between Patriarch Nikon and Alexei Mikhailovich Romanov
There are three main stops on the route in our program:
- New Jerusalem monastery with the Resurrection Cathedral in the Baroque style and the holy spring. You will walk around the territory of the monastery, as well as see iconic objects in its vicinity, named after Palestinian places: Gethsemane Gardens, the Jordan River and the skete of Patriarch Nikon.
- Anosin Borisoglebsky Monastery, where the harsh way of life of the nuns was encouraged even by the venerable elders of the Nil Desert. Here you are always imbued with the silence and serenity of the prayer place.
- Holy Cross Church in Darna, created according to the fabulous project of the architect Sherwood. Inside, you will see a rare Unexpected Joy icon.
Who is the excursion for?
Travelers keen on the history of Russian Orthodoxy and pilgrims, as well as lovers of picturesque places.
- The tour starts in the city of Istra, where you need to get there on your own
- Transfer from Moscow and the nearest Moscow region is possible (by prior arrangement)
- Additionally, you can visit the Nikolsky temple, the oldest in Istra, and other places of your interest
- Visiting paid museums on request. Entrance fees are not included in the price.
The beginning of the excursion is the city of Istra, Sovetskaya Street. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking. Outside the city Monasteries, churches, temples16