In a group of up to 35 people, you will visit ancient cities and fortresses. You will see the buildings of the Pskov Kremlin, climb the towers of the Izborsk fortress and learn about the caves of the Pskov-Pechora monastery. Temple architecture, stones - witnesses of history, the prayerful atmosphere of the laurel and mesmerizing landscapes are waiting for you on this excursion! Group excursion Duration More than 12 hours Group size up to 35 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus 2300 rubles per person
What awaits you
The main points of the route
- Ancient Pskov: you will walk around the city, admire the white-stone churches and feel the atmosphere of old Russia.
- Pskov Kremlin: Dovmont city, fortress towers, Prikaznye chambers and the main temple of the Pskov land - Trinity Cathedral. You will hear its history, remember the Grand Duchess Olga, admire the decoration of the church and marvel at the seven-tiered carved gilded iconostasis.
- Pskov-Pechersk Lavra - the spiritual and cultural center of Russia. You will visit the main temples of the monastery, see the revered icons "The Dormition of the Mother of God" and "Tenderness of the Mother of God of Pskov-Pecherskaya", learn about the structure of the monastery and about the God-made caves.
- Izborsk and its fortress: here you will remember the legend of the Varangian princes Rurik, Sineus and Truvor. Explore the complex of fortifications of the fortress, be impressed by the power of the tower walls. And if the weather is favorable, you will try the miraculous power of Slovenian keys located nearby.
07.00 Departure from St. Petersburg, excursion along the road 11.30 Arrival in Pskov 11.30 Lunch at a restaurant or free time 12.15 Sightseeing tour of Pskov, visiting the Kremlin with the Trinity Cathedral 14.00 Departure to Pechory 15.00 Excursion to the Pskov-Pechersky Monastery 16.30 Departure to Izborsk 17.00 Visiting the fortress Izborsk 17.15 Departure to St. Petersburg 23.00-23.30 Arrival in St. Petersburg
- The tour will be guided by one of our professional team guides
- Be sure to take your passport and personal protective equipment (masks, gloves) with you. If they are absent, museums have the right to refuse entry.
- In unfavorable weather, a visit to the Slovenian Keys is not available
- Due to the pandemic, the near and distant caves in the Pskov-Pechersky Monastery are closed to the public
What is included in the price and what is not
- Entrance tickets to the Pskov Kremlin, Izborsk Fortress, Pskov-Pechora Monastery are included in the price
- Lunch is paid separately (from 350 rubles per person)
The excursion starts at the Moskovskaya metro station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.