In this itinerary, we have collected exciting locations in mountainous Alanya, available to visit at any time of the year. Get ready to visit the cradle of North Ossetia: fall in love with the panoramas of the Kurtat Gorge, see the marvelous Koltso waterfall, find a high-mountainous monastery and battle towers and hear the legends of the mysterious “city of the dead”. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 8 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 15 reviews 7800 rubles for the excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Natural wonders of North Ossetia Our route will cover the most interesting locations of the Kurtat Gorge and other distinctive places of mountainous Alanya
- The ring is a waterfall of rare beauty in the Kartsinsky gorge, which looks absolutely different in winter and summer, but always captivates with its unusual shape.
- Kadargavan canyon is one of the most remarkable and textured corners of North Ossetia. You will admire the rocky ridge, which, like a sword, is split in half by the Fiagdon River. You will also see an art object in the form of a symbol of the Alanian kings - a graceful leopard.
- Karmadon Gorge with the Genaldon River and two glaciers, Kolka and Miley. You will not only admire the snow-mountain landscapes of these places, but also hear their tragic history associated with the catastrophic glacier disappearance in 2002.
- Another highlight of the trip will be the high-altitude swing, on which you can fly over the abyss and take stunning photos.
Monastery, towers and fortresses among the mountains On the way, we will stop at the man-made monuments of Alania: a lot of them are hiding among the Ossetian mountains. You will see the amazing Dzivgis rock fortress that guarded the valley of the Fiagdon mountain river. You will find among the peaks the Alansky Assumption Monastery - the highest mountainous Orthodox monastery in Russia. And at the colorful battle tower of Kurt and Tag, you will hear the legend about the origin and name of the building
Dargavs - the ancient city of the dead At the end of the journey, you will find yourself on a high green hill, strewn with many tiny buildings: it's hard to believe, but this is not a settlement at all, but the largest necropolis of the Caucasus. You will see dozens of crypts from the 17th century, plunging into the goosebumps atmosphere of this place, and see a dilapidated watchtower, which, according to legend, guards the dead souls.
- The entrance ticket to the "City of the Dead" (100 rubles / person) and meals (optional) are paid separately
- Entrance fees and expenses in shops in the mountains are paid only in cash
- The cost is indicated taking into account the departure from Vladikavkaz. The cost when leaving another settlement, please specify in a personal message.
- Depending on weather conditions, the route can be adjusted in agreement with you
- The excursion can also be conducted for a larger number of people (check the details in the message to the guide)
- The tour for you will be led by me or one of the guides of our team
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering an excursion.