Lake Ritsa, New Athos Monastery, canyons, waterfalls, caves and landscape parks - you will see all the business cards of the country of the Caucasian mountains. I will share interesting facts about the monuments, amazing stories about the people who lived here and immerse myself in the local flavor through ancient legends and legends. Group excursion Duration 11 hours Group size up to 18 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus Rating 5 on 10 reviews RUB 1550 per person
What awaits you
Subtropical paradise Our first stop after crossing the border is the famous Gagra park of the Prince of Oldenburg. Here we will walk along sandy paths in the shade of the weighty crowns of ancient trees, admire the local swan lake and talk about the personality of Prince Alexander. I will tell you about the unique flora and fauna of this small reserve and remember the outstanding personalities who have been here
Honey yard What is Abkhazia famous for? By the gifts of your nature! We will visit the mountain beekeepers to taste the best honey in the country. The masters will show you the hives and explain their structure, share interesting facts about the healing golden sweetness and treat you with delicious varieties
Pristine forest Then you can go to the Bzyb river and fly in a bungee with a cable 550 meters, or go straight to the Blue Lake. I will open the ancient legends about the origin of the lake and note its phenomenal features. We will visit the Yupsharsky canyon, where the turbulent Yupashara river rustles between the steep cliffs. You will understand why this place was nicknamed "the stone sack", you will learn about the "Man's Tears" and "The Stone of Kisses". Also, if desired, we can additionally visit the Milk Falls, climb the observation platforms or stop by Stalin's dacha
Star of Abkhazia You will have a full hour to relax at the legendary Ritsa Lake. You will enjoy the reflection in the mirror water of the glacial lake of the peaks of the Gagra ridge, enjoy the singing of birds and watch the play of light and shadow. A hearty lunch in a cafe overlooking the lake will help you regain your strength. And then, at a private winery, you will taste homemade Abkhaz wines, smoked cheeses and meat
New Athos monastery In conclusion, you will see the main Orthodox shrine of Abkhazia. We will examine the luxurious decoration of the temples of the monastery, see local relics and remember the difficult history of the monastery. And if you want, we will take a walk through the territory of the wonderful New Athos Park with ponds and living corners, visit the New Athos waterfall and the temple of Simon the Canonite, or take a look at the New Athos cave.
- The tour takes place in comfortable minibuses for 17-19 passengers
- New Athos Cave is open on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays; on Mondays there is a sanitary day at the New Athos Monastery. Please consider this point when choosing a date.
- In winter, unfortunately, you cannot visit Stalin's dacha on the Ritsa and the waterfalls. Instead, you can visit Stalin's dacha in Novy Afon and in the village of Lykhny (with a temple from the 10th-11th centuries and the ruins of a princely palace).
What is included in the price and what is not
- The cost of the excursion is indicated at the start in Adler
- Entrance fees to the Ritsa National Park are included in the price
- Meals in the cafe are paid separately.
- A visit to the New Athos cave is optional, the cost is 500 rubles per adult, children under 8 years old are free of charge (take warm clothes with you, the temperature in the cave is +12).For a fee, it is possible to visit observation platforms, a milk waterfall - 200 rubles / person, and Stalin's dacha - 200 rubles / adult, children 8-12 years old - 100 rubles, children under 8 years old are free. In winter, visits to Stalin's dacha in Novy Afon and the village of Lykhny are also paid additionally (200 rubles each).
The excursion starts at the nearest stop to your hotel. transport. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.