If St. Petersburg is a window to Europe, then Vyborg is its window. We will travel by car to discover its medieval charm and rich past. You will hear scenes from old streets, visit the island castle and Mon Repos park. With me you will have time to explore much more than in a tourist group, and finally you will understand whose city it is: Swedish, Finnish or Russian? Individual excursion for 1–4 people Duration 10 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 2 reviews 10400 rubles per excursion Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Chronicles of a frontier town We will start with the Market Square: this is not just a trade, but a real business center of Vyborg. We will examine the fabulous buildings of the unique Torkkelskaya Street and remember the people who did so much for the city, but fell into the tragic whirlpool of revolutionary events. You will visit the Castle Island and hear the secrets of St. Olaf's tower. In the Old Town we will walk along medieval streets, so similar to the streets of Stockholm, Prague, Tallinn. But the delight of the preserved antiquities will collide with modern realities: using the example of Vyborg, you will learn how not to handle cultural values. The construction of the former esplanade will help to trace the connection both with St. Petersburg and with all-Russian history. And I will tell you about the events of 1710, when Peter I took Vyborg, and about 1940, when bloody street battles for the old Viipuri took place here for 10 days - the city on the border of two empires did not escape wars
Park for silence And of course, we will visit the famous Mon Repos Park. The center is still under reconstruction, but most of the park is already ready for acquaintance. Mon Repos is about calm contemplation, unity with northern nature. Here you can escape from the bustle of the city and relax after a walking tour of Vyborg. And if you have already been to this park, then I recommend going to Vyborg on weekdays - and I can organize an excursion for you to the famous library of Alvar Aalto.
How the excursion goes
- On my 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander, which can easily fit up to 4 passengers. There are two boosters for children, a stroller can easily fit into the trunk. Let's find a place for the dog too. The only ban is smoking in the car.
- We can save 20-40 minutes one way if we drive along the western high-speed diameter. Travel on this toll road is paid separately (450 rubles one way).
- The road to Vyborg takes about 2 hours (including travel along the WHSD road). It may take 15-30 minutes to stop at Ogni.
- Tickets to the castle with an ascent to St. Olaf's tower (200 rubles) and Mon Repos Park (100 rubles), as well as lunch costs
- Tickets to St. Olaf's Tower are sold only at the box office, they cannot be purchased online. The rise is carried out in groups every 30 minutes. On weekends, by 11 o'clock, the earliest available wake-up time is 17 o'clock. Therefore, on weekends, you should leave for Vyborg no later than 8:00 in order to have time to buy tickets - or to exclude a visit to the tower.
Start of the excursion by appointment. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.