The life paths of many famous personalities intertwined in the fate of the Trinity Monastery and Sergiev Posad: from saints and rulers to art workers, patrons of art and distinguished foreign guests. Through the stories of these outstanding people, I propose to look at the events and epochs of the ancient city near Moscow. Individual excursion for 1-6 people Duration 2.5 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 per 1 review RUB 3500 per excursion Price for 1-6 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
- Let's talk about Sergius of Radonezh and the monastery he founded, which has become the spiritual heart of Russia. About his disciples and many church leaders from the 14th century to the present day, including metropolitans, patriarchs, elders, who were visited from all over the country, and the theologian Pavel Florensky, who was martyred.
- You will learn about princes, kings and emperors, including Boris Godunov, who rests with his family within the walls of the monastery.
- We will not ignore the military leaders and other heroes, among whom were the defenders of the monastery from the Polish-Lithuanian invaders and the first Russian generalissimo.
- You will also hear about architects, restorers and icon painters - from Andrei Rublev to Ivan Malyshev, a native of a peasant family who became one of the most significant masters of the second half of the 19th century.
- In addition, I will talk about the visits to Sergiev Posad by A. Dumas Sr. and L. Carroll, Yuri Gagarin and Margaret Thatcher.
- And, of course, there will be stories about our famous townspeople: merchants, patrons and original Russian philosophers K. Leont'ev and V. Rozanov.
The walk is accompanied by a slide show with engravings, icons and photographs of the personalities in question.
One of the temples of the Lavra closes at 16.30-17.00. All-night service (evening) begins at 17.00 in the Assumption Cathedral. If you book an excursion for the evening, consider this.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.