From Nizhny we will go through the Volga forests to an amazing land where serfdom has never existed, where freedom-loving and courageous people lived. You will reveal the secrets of the lake, where the glorious city of Kitezh is hidden, inspect the wooden church and see the footprint of the Virgin. And if you wish, visit the Museum of Ceramics or go to the town of Semyonov, which preserves ancient traditions. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 9 hours Children Possible with children How it goes By car RUB 10,000 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Lake mystery They say that Lake Svetloyar is one of the 10 zones of the Earth, endowed with a special energy: you can check it yourself, listening to your feelings. In the meantime, you are enjoying the views of the lake, I will tell the history of this place and reveal its legends. About fugitive peasants, Old Believers, about local crafts, one of which is the world-famous Khokhloma. About the city of Kitezh, hidden under water from Batu; about the research of the double bottom of the lake. About the annual celebrations at Ivan Kupala and the procession of the cross; about local traditions and rituals. And then we will go out to the wooden church of the Vladimir Mother of God and see the "trace stone", on which, as it is believed, the Mother of God herself left a footprint
Assemble yourself The second part of the tour is based on your interests. If desired, we can visit
- An amazing Museum of Pottery: its owner will explain the process of working with clay from material selection to firing - and about the different types of techniques. Why wasn't milk sour in a clay pot and why garlic didn't spoil until the next harvest, what useful household items were made from clay.
- Historical and Art Museum "Kitezh", where you will learn about the history of the village of Vladimirskoye and Lake Svetloyar.
- A dairy farm and a cheese factory: we will see how cows are milked, how they are kept in new modern farms, where they never smell of dung, how they make cheese. And, of course, we will taste the products of the modern dairy cluster.
Also, for an additional fee, you can combine an excursion to Svetloyar with a trip to the Old Believer town of Semenov. Visit the house-museum of Semyon Lozhkar: its exposition will tell about the life of peasants - from simple to wealthy - in different centuries. In the Museum of Local Lore, you will learn about the way of life of a city dweller of the 19-20 century. And at the Khokhloma Painting Factory you can paint a nesting doll as a keepsake!
How the excursion goes
- The tour will be led by one of our team's professional guides
- The tour takes place in a comfortable new car Lada Largus Kros with a microphone
- The tour starts in Nizhny Novgorod. If you wish, we can start from the cities of the region - check the cost in the correspondence.
Additional costs (optional)
- Tickets to the Museum of Ceramics: 150 rubles. - entrance ticket, 250 rubles. - entrance ticket with a guided tour
- Excursion to a dairy farm and cheese dairy: 2000 rubles. from the group
- Excursion to Svetloyar, visiting the house-museum of Semyon Lozhkar, the Museum of Local Lore, the Khokhloma Painting Factory and a master class on painting nesting dolls (specify the cost in the correspondence)
The beginning of the excursion in a convenient place for tourists. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.