Get ready to see the wonders of Baikal ice and the places of power of Olkhon Island in one day. A comfortable jeep will allow us to get to the most beautiful and inaccessible places of the lake: you will see cobwebs of cracks and scattering of bubbles, enter the ice grottoes and go ice-skating along the lake. And of course, you will visit the legendary capes Burkhan and Khoboy, revered by shamanists. Individual excursion for 1–4 people Duration More than 12 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 6 reviews 25460 rubles per excursion Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Ice magic of Baikal Stalactites and stalagmites, splashes, sokui, hummocks, caves - the forms of Baikal ice are so inconceivable and diverse that it is almost impossible to cover everything in one day. But we'll try! Having made part of the way along the asphalt highway, we will enter the territory of Lake Baikal - an endless ice surface. On the way to Olkhon, we will often stop to take fantastic photos, admire cracks, faults and placers of huge methane bubbles
Snow-covered Olkhon You will find yourself on the only inhabited island of Lake Baikal and visit its main attractions: the village of Khuzhir, Cape Burkhan, revered among Siberian shamanists, and the places of power of Olkhon - the Three Brothers rock and Cape Khoboy. In search of beautiful angles for photos, we will stop by the ice grottoes and secluded bays of the island. And on the way you will hear the legends of Olkhon, learn what traces were left here by the people of the Stone Age and the warriors of Genghis Khan. And of course, you will get acquainted with the traditions of the Buryats and can taste traditional local dishes in the Khuzhir cafe
We also have a couple of surprises in store for you: if you wish, you can try an alcoholic cocktail with Baikal ice, and you will also warm up in a jeep with herbal tea and go ice skating on the lake!
How the excursion goes
- February to March. In January, it is possible to conduct an excursion along the coast of the Maloye More (this is the strait between Olkhon Island and the mainland) with a view of Olkhon. There will be the same space ice, frozen grottoes, hummocks, stalactites, picturesque capes and views. Great photos are also guaranteed:)
- In a comfortable jeep with off-road training
- The guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Irkutsk and bring you back after the excursion
- The tour is conducted by a guide-driver from our team with extensive experience in driving on Baikal ice
What is included in the price and what is not
- The price includes: transfer by jeep with an experienced driver-guide, a bottle of drinking Baikal water per person, hot tea with Siberian herbs
- The fees of the national park are additionally paid (400 rubles per person), meals in the cafe (optional)
- Upon request, we will provide you with 2 pairs of lake skates free of charge and tubing on the ice
- Outerwear - a warm windproof jacket (as an option - a ski suit), a scarf, windproof mittens, warm waterproof shoes with non-slip soles, sunglasses, ice shoes
- Batteries for phones (some models drain quickly in cold weather)
- In March, we also recommend taking a sunscreen for your face.
The excursion starts at your place of residence in Irkutsk. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.