The Kurtatin gorge with ancient towers, the amazing Kadargavan canyon, the Dzivgis rock fortress and the highest mountainous monastery of Christianity in Russia - ancient monuments will acquaint you with the history and culture of Ossetia, and the national cuisine will add to the traditional flavor. Individual excursion for 1–6 people Duration More than 12 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 1 review 18000 rub. 15300 rubles for the excursion Price for 1-6 people, regardless of the number of participants 15%Discount when ordering before April 30
What awaits you
The spirit of the Middle Ages The journey will immerse you in medieval Ossetia: you will learn stories about shahs and feudal lords, hear ancient legends and note the similarity of the burial culture of our ancestors with the ancient Egyptian. In our itinerary
- Kurtat gorge - an excellent example of the architecture of Ossetia of the XIII-XIV centuries. While you enjoy the picturesque panoramas, I will tell you about the semi-combat family towers and brothers Kurta and Taga, the founders of East Ossetia.
- Kadargavan canyon, divided in two by the fast river Fiagdon. Here you will see the small church of St. George from the 17th century and hear the legend about the famous Kurtatin hero Gappo Kaziev.
- Dzivgis rock fortress, which will impress with its scale and tell the legends about the expedition of Shah Abbas the Great and the campaign of Tamerlane.
- Dargavs - City of the dead. We will walk through the ancient necropolis and celebrate the synthesis of old and new cultures, looking at the tower of the Mamsurovs, Alikovs, as well as the Degoevs' fortress on the banks of the Wallagdon River.
- Karmadon gorge, where the consequences of the collapse of the Kolka glacier are still visible. Let's remember the people tragically buried under the glacier, including the actor Sergei Bodrov.
And on the way back, you can taste traditional Ossetian pies and visit the healing thermal springs.
- You must have a passport or birth certificate (for children) with you - on the way we pass two federal posts
- The tour can also start from Pyatigorsk and Essentuki
- Entrance to the Dargavs memorial is paid separately - 100 rubles per person.
- Visiting thermal springs on request - 200 rubles per person (bathing accessories required)
The excursion starts in Kislovodsk, Yessentuki or Pyatigorsk. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.