Karl Friedrich Jerome von Munchausen visited Kaliningrad twice. Despite the fact that the legendary baron visited the city while passing, he left an indelible mark on its history. On a walk through the historic center, you will learn about how he met young Kant and who paid his favor centuries later, as well as sort out the confusion with the baron's boots. Individual excursion for 1–6 people Duration 3 hours Children Can be with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 on 3 reviews from2550 rub. for 1-3 people or 850 rubles. per person if there are more of you
What awaits you
Immersion in the truth “Truth, truth and nothing but the truth” - guided by this rule, we will go on a journey through time. We will walk through the places where the prototype of the famous literary hero walked, and try to understand the interweaving of real exploits and fictional adventures. In our itinerary
- Rossgarten gate through which the brave baron entered the city
- Monument to Alexander Nevsky on Vasilevsky Square, where we will talk about the symbolically rhymed connection between the two commanders
- Picturesque promenade of Marinesco
- History and Art Museum - former Stadthalle
- The foundation of the royal castle, where I will show archival photographs of the castle in the form in which the baron found it in 1738 and 1750
- Cathedral, Kant's tomb and monument to Duke Albrecht on the island of Kneiphof, where we will talk about the significant meeting of the captain and the philosopher
- "Fish Village", where a monument to Munchausen was erected in honor of an unusual story
- Friedland Gate, which became the last point of the baron's path
You will walk along Medovoy and Vysoky bridges, see the Caretaker's House, hear many unusual legends and true historical facts. And also get useful recommendations and advice on other interesting objects in Kaliningrad.
The walk is completely pedestrian and does not involve additional costs.
The excursion starts at the entrance to the Amber Museum. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.