On this express journey, you will discover the principles and traditions of Buddhism - which means you will immerse yourself deeper into the culture of Buryatia. In the Ivolginsky Datsan you will feel the energy of this place, learn about the phenomenon of the imperishable body of Khambo Lama Itigelov, walk along the sacred temple circle and have a conversation with the lama. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 3 hours Children Without children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 1 review RUB 5850 per excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Ivolginsky datsan: simple and clear about Buddhism From Ulan-Ude you will go to the main datsan of Russia - it is difficult to imagine a more suitable place to get acquainted with the basics of Buddhism, learn about its principles and main laws. In the datsan, the guide will take you through the "small town" - the sacred circle of the complex. You will visit several main temples, hear about the peculiarities of Buddhism of the Tibetan Gelug school. You will also see the sacred Boddhi tree: it grew from the offshoot of the very tree under which Buddha attained enlightenment
The riddle of the imperishable body Of course, we will also talk about the main phenomenon of the datsan, which attracts thousands of pilgrims here: the imperishable body of the XII Hambo Lama Dashi-Dorzho Itigelov. Lama passed away in meditation in 1927, but even 93 years after Itigelov's “death” all vital functions of his body cells remain active. You will learn how scientists are trying to explain this secret of immortality, and you will understand why the Buddhists of Russia, Mongolia and China recognize the lama as a great teacher
After the tour, you can, if you wish, get a personal consultation with a local lama to talk and ask questions of interest. In addition, you will have time to walk around the territory of the datsan on your own, take atmospheric photos and buy souvenirs.
How the excursion goes
- By car: you will be met at the hotel or apartment, and after the tour you will be taken back
- A guide from our team will meet you in the datsan. On the way, the driver - a local resident, a connoisseur of Buryat culture and a pleasant companion - will share interesting information.
- A ticket-offering to worship the Hambo Lama is paid separately - 250 rubles per person.
- At the request of Khambo Lame, a hadak is purchased - a symbol of respect (50-100 rubles in a datsan)
- If you wish, you can have a snack in a cafe on the territory of the datsan: the average bill is 250 rubles.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering an excursion.