Knowledge about Buddhism, bright discoveries and just relaxation of the soul - a complete reboot awaits you in one day! We will leave the city for the Ivolginskaya Valley - a storehouse of sacred and unusual places in Buryatia. You will see the valley of Genghis Khan, sit on the Troll's tongue, drink healing water at the sacred springs. And of course, you will explore the legendary datsan, where you will visit the D.-D. Itigelova. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 6.5 hours Children Possible with children How it goes By car 10400 rubles per excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Arshans, or holy springs of Buryatia
- First of all, we will visit close to Ulan-Ude Aryun-Bulag spring at the foot of Mount Bayan-Ulan. There is a belief that the patronage of the powerful spirit-master of this mountain extends to the whole of Buryatia, to Mongolia. Here you will see the only obo - a sacred place where prayers are performed by the Khambo Lamas - the heads of the Buddhists of Russia.
- Going deep into the Ivolginskaya valley, in its heart, you will find yourself at complex of mineral springs… There are 16 keys hitting here! All belong to the protected natural objects of Lake Baikal, have a different composition of water and help with certain diseases (intestinal, pulmonary, heart). It is known that Pandito Khambo-Lama XII Dashi-Dorzho Itigelov himself meditated and energized here.
- The climax of the journey will be a visit to the saint source D.-D. Itigelova in his small homeland, in the village of Orongoy. You will discover amazing facts about silver water, see Itigelov's house and a Buddhist stupa, be inspired by marvelous landscapes and pacifying energy.
Ivolginsky Datsan - the center of Buddhism in Russia Get ready to walk along the "small goroo", the sacred circle of the temple part of the datsan. You will visit several temples, where I will clearly and fascinatingly tell you about the features of Buryat Buddhism of the Tibetan Gelug school, about the principles and laws of teaching. You will see the sacred Boddhi tree, the "relative" of the tree under which Buddha attained enlightenment. And of course, you will learn about a world-scale phenomenon - the imperishable body of Dasha-Dorzho Itigelov, who passed away in meditation. At the request and with the permission of the lamas, you will go to worship Itigelov, a great teacher for Buddhists in Russia, Mongolia and China
Endless steppes, or in the footsteps of Genghis Khan We stop by the rocky Taphar Plateau, which resembles Tafelberg - Cape Town's messenger mountain, a new wonder of the world. We will go up a gentle slope by car to a platform of stone slabs. The slope ends abruptly and gives dizzying views of the endless steppes surrounded by hills. One of the ledges above the cliff resembles the famous Norse Trolltongue. In this ideal location, you will have time to sit, breathe in the wind, admire the vastness and take hundreds of atmospheric photos. The people call the plateau "the headquarters of Genghis Khan": here images are born in the mind, as in the valley the invincible tumans of the Mongolian commander line up in even rows
Taste of Buryatia We will end the trip with a hearty lunch in a cafe in Orongoy, where the Orongoy buuzes, famous throughout Buryatia and beyond, originated. You will taste this national dish prepared according to old recipes of local residents.
Aryun-Bulag spring - Tapkhar stone plateau - Ivolginsky datsan - a complex of mineral springs - a holy spring in the village. Orongoi
The tour takes place in the guide's comfortable car.
- Transport fee - 2000 rubles.
- Entrance tickets to the Ivolginsky Datsan (50 rubles per person)
- An offering to worship D.-D. Itigelovu (250 rubles / person) + hadak (50-100 rubles / person)
- Lunch (average bill - 250 rubles per person)
The beginning of the excursion at the Sovetov Square. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.