In the author's route, I have collected uncrowded, quiet and sometimes inaccessible places that can only be reached by an SUV. You will visit the textured Christmas, Borshchov and Korpovsky caves. You will discover a beautiful canyon of the Yaschera River and a little-known grotto on the banks of the Obla. And on the way, you will hear about these picturesque natural sites. Individual excursion for 1–7 people Duration More than 12 hours Children Can be with children How it goes By car from 22000 rub. for 1-4 people or 5500 rubles. per person if there are more of you
What awaits you
- In the village of Rozhdestveno you will stroll through the park of the same name. Look at the place where, according to legend, St. Nicholas Church fell into the ground. Explore Christmas caves… You will be able to draw water from the holy spring. You will approach a little-known grotto, where you will look for fossilized trilobites. And then you will climb the hill, where you will admire the Rozhdestveno estate museum and the opening view of the Oredezh River.
- IN canyon of the Yaschera river you will see cliffs of white sandstone, up to 10-12 meters high. On the walls of the canyon you can find inscriptions 1937 and 1954 …
- Next, I will take you to Borshchovsky caves… Also, like almost everything in the Leningrad region, these are artificial catacombs dug up by miners of white quartz sand for the glass industry. Once the total length of the Borshchevsky caves reached 15 kilometers!
- Next stop - Korpovsky caves, the most difficult to access in the region. They are located on the territory of the Luga artillery range (do not worry, now there are no shooting ranges). The road is not difficult, but there may be huge puddles to be overcome. You will drive through a beautiful pine forest to the bank of the Obla River, where you will find a natural object.
- In conclusion, I will take you to the other side of the Obla, so that you can explore the little-known and almost untouched by vandals grotto.
- We will drive as close as possible to the declared objects, mainly along forest roads. Therefore, you should be prepared for possible shaking on bumps and bumps.
- You don't have to walk a lot. But on the objects you have to overcome steep ascents and descents, walk in the "incline" and even crawl on all fours in the caves. All this requires minimal physical training and certain equipment, rubber boots are required (you will see a complete list when booking).
The excursion starts at the Moskovskaya metro station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.