This excursion will not include a huge amount of historical facts and dates - instead, we will turn to the alluring and intangible world of fragrances. Get ready to take a trip to pre-revolutionary Moscow: listen to the Empress's favorite perfumes, plunge into the nostalgic atmosphere of GUM and discover the perfume secrets of the Russian Empire. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 2 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 by 2 reviews RUB 3500 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Perfume Chronicles of Moscow Step by step, we will dive into the history of the capital's fragrances. Let's figure it out in a couple of hours
- where until the 19th century it was possible to buy cosmetic and perfumery products and what they were
- who became the founder of the perfume industry in the Russian Empire
- in what perfume houses of pre-revolutionary Moscow competed
- which fragrances were popular a hundred years ago and which were invented specifically for Russia
- where you could go to "walk" your new scent And in order not to get confused in perfumery sounds, we, as it should be, "interrupt" them a little by talking about the confectionery industry of pre-revolutionary Russia, saturated with aromas of coffee and chocolate.
Listening to aromas … Our route will begin near the Lubyanka metro station, cover the alleys of Kitay-gorod, the brilliant Nikolskaya and elegant GUM, and end at the building of the legendary Metropol hotel. In a small perfume shop and luxurious GUM, you will see a collection of pre-revolutionary bottles and packaging that were popular more than a century ago. And of course, listen to the cult scents: for example, the one that pleased Empress Alexandra, wife of Nicholas II.
Who is the walk for?
Anyone who wants to open the door to the world of subtle fragrances and look at the history of Moscow from an unexpected angle.
This is a 2 hour walking tour.
The beginning of the excursion in the area of the Lubyanka metro station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.