In one day you will get acquainted with the thousand-year history of the resort city, the city of salt and the city of Dostoevsky. Staraya Russa will reveal its secrets and boast of its beauty. You will enjoy the air saturated with mineral salts, stroll along the cozy streets and look into a medieval manor. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 5 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot 2500 rubles per person
What awaits you
Minvody First of all, you will get acquainted with the "Old Russian Mineral Waters". Together with a local ethnographer, you will walk through the old balneological resort with a relict park and the Muravyov fountain. It is the largest self-flowing column of mineral water in Europe, which throws about 70 liters to the surface in just a second. You will get acquainted with the history of the resort and will be able to taste old Russian mineral water in the Drinking Gallery
Old Russian atmosphere "Medieval Rushanin's Estate" is a reconstruction museum created on the basis of archaeological research. Here you will get acquainted with the life of Rushans (medieval inhabitants of Staraya Russa): see the mansions with the passage and the tumblers, as well as the bathhouse, which was heated in black. We will walk along a wooden pavement, see a cooling tower and a unique operating brewhouse, where, as in the Middle Ages, old Russian salt is evaporated from the water of mineral springs
City walk The route of our walk covers the most interesting places of Staraya Russa. You will see
- Cathedral Squarewhere the shopping arcade of Gostiny Dvor was located and large fairs were held
- Water tower in the style of "Modern", after the grand opening of which a water supply system appeared in the city
- Resurrection Cathedral XVII century, erected on a steep hill at the confluence of two rivers, designed by the outstanding Russian architect Vasily Stasov. It is a symbol of beauty and holiness, the spiritual greatness of the city.
- Dostoevsky embankment - a cozy green promenade by the Pererytitsa river, where Fedor Mikhailovich liked to walk
- Church of St. George the Victorious XV century. Services have not stopped in this wooden temple for over 600 years.
- The miraculous icon of the Old Russian Mother of God (list) - the main shrine of Staraya Russa, the largest external icon in the world with an amazing history
- Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery, one of the oldest Orthodox monasteries in the Novgorod land.
Visiting of museum After the sightseeing tour, you can independently visit any museum of Staraya Russa of your choice
- House-Museum of F.M. Dostoevsky, where interior items of the 19th century have been restored and the original things of the Dostoevsky family are kept. It was here, in a small office on the second floor, that the novel "The Brothers Karamazov" was written.
- Museum of the novel "The Brothers Karamazov", the exposition of which tells about the environment of F.M. Dostoevsky, public life of Staraya Russa in the 70s of the XIX century, on the concept, plot and ideological content of the last work of the writer
- Museum of local lore with a collection of unique archaeological finds, telling about many spheres of life of the ancient Rushan
- Picture gallery with works of artists born in Staraya Russa or its environs. The exposition is based on a collection of amazing works by Vasily Semyonovich Svarog.
- Museum of the Northwestern Front - the only front-line museum in Russia, which displays weapons, maps, diagrams, archival documents, personal belongings of soldiers.
Hearty lunch In the end, you will have lunch at the Tower Cafe in the very center of the ancient city. This place is known not only for its delicious cuisine, but also for its stunning panoramic view of the central city square and one of the main attractions of the city - the Water Tower.
- The tour will be guided by one of our team's guides
- A visit to one museum of your choice and lunch at a cafe are included in the price
- If you plan to collect mineral water in the drinking gallery, take an empty bottle with you
The beginning of the excursion in Staraya Russa. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.