The uniqueness of the trip lies in its logistics. In just one day, you will comfortably and without a crowd see the Marble Canyon, the Underground Ruskeala and the cascade of Akhvenkoski waterfalls, the highest waterfall in the South of the republic - White Bridges, the Italian quarry, the 9th of May waterfall and Läskelä. You will also see the northernmost bay of Ladoga, Kiryavalahti, and the abandoned quarry of Ruskeala 2. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 8 hours Children Allow with children How it goes By car Rating 4.4 on 5 reviews from 13500 rub. for 1-3 people or 4500 rubles. per person if there are more of you
What awaits you
Ideal logistics for a comfortable visit to objects The program starts earlier than most group excursions, including bus tours from St. Petersburg. Therefore, you will walk around Ruskeala in a calm atmosphere, enjoying the beauty and taking photos in the best vantage points. You can order an Underground Ruskeala excursion with a high probability of getting there and buy any other services of the park at the ticket offices without long queues. Most importantly, in the park you can order whatever you want for lunch, and not the standard business lunch of a group tour. You will also visit Ruskeale 2 - this is an abandoned marble quarry of the Soviet era. Then we will stop at the Ruskeala waterfalls, and after that we will go to the waterfalls on May 9, White bridges (Yukankoski), White bridges 2
Rich program 10:30 - meeting with the guide at the railway station in Sortavala. 10:40 - a small sightseeing tour of Sortavala without leaving the car. 11:20 am - independent visit to the Ruskeala mountain park and its attractions: Marble Canyon, Italian Quarry, Underground Ruskeala… There are many additional attractions in the park. Therefore, you need to decide what you want to see the most. 13.45 - walk through a wild quarry Ruskeala 2. 14:25 - visit Ruskeala waterfalls (Ahvenkoski) - location of famous films filming. We walk along the eco-path we will not, since at this time buses with travelers from St. Petersburg arrive there. There are a lot of people, which will spoil your impression of the Karelian nature. 15.00 - stop at a secret cape, from which a view of Kiryavalahti Bay… The northernmost bay of Ladoga. 15.35 - we call in to a small but stormy waterfall on May 9 (Prokinkoski). 16:25 - we get to the hard-to-reach and highest waterfall in South Karelia - White Bridges (Yukankoski)as well as to the neighboring waterfall White bridges 2. 18:20 - the end of the program in Sortavala, at the railway station.
What is included in the price and what is not
- The price includes the work of a professional guide along the route
- It is paid additionally: visit to the White Bridges waterfall - 300 rubles per person; visit to the Ruskeala mountain park - entrance 350 rubles per person, children under 7 years old are free; excursion "Underground Ruskeala" 1500 rubles / adult, 750 rubles / student, 550 rubles. schoolboy, free of charge for children under 7 years old and disabled persons of the 1st group; other active entertainment according to the park's price list; lunch in a cafe.
- If you are in your car, then I sit down with you, and we go along the route. If you need transport, it is paid separately from 5000 rubles for a group of up to 3 people (car), for a larger group you can order a minibus from 8000 to 12000 rubles, depending on the capacity of the minibus.
Features of the organization of the trip
- The tour will be led by me or another guide from my team
- Lunch at the mountain park cafe
- If weather conditions threaten the safety of travelers, the guide can change the program, replacing some objects with others or completely excluding them from the route
For arriving from St. Petersburg
To fit the program into one day, we recommend going to Sortavala by the Lastochka train. This format has many advantages over a bus tour from St. Petersburg. 1. You will reach your destination in a comfortable environment and clearly on schedule, which will allow you to be in time wherever planned. Departure from Finlyandsky railway station at 6:15 - arrival in Sortavala at 10:20, return journey: 18:45 - 22:43 2. It is safer than driving along the Sortavala serpentines, especially in winter 3. The ticket price is about 400 rubles / person
The excursion starts at the Sortavala railway station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.