You will visit marvelous places, including those that can only be reached by an SUV. Enjoy the landscapes of the region's best waterfalls: Yukankoski, Ristijarvi, Läskelä, Prokinkoski, Pyukhinkoski, White bridges 2, Lower and Upper Koirinoja. Admire Ladoga and skerries from Mount Hiidenvuori. You will also see the severe Louhiwaara Mountain, which refers to the songs of the Kalevala. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 8 hours Children Can be with children How it goes By car Rating 4.86 on 14 reviews from13500 rub. for 1-3 people or 4500 rubles. per person if there are more of you
10:30 - meeting with the guide at the railway station in Sortavala. 10:40 - stop at the first waterfall, Ristijarvsky… Here you will learn about the merchants of Jörmakk, admire Karivalahti Bay, the northernmost on Lake Ladoga, and you will discover the secret of its name. And on the contrary, you will see the unapproachable dark, destroyed by earthquakes Mount Louhiwaara, which plunges into the distant past of Karelia - to the songs of the legendary Kalevala. 11:20 - rise to Mount Hiidenvuori and inspection Ladoga skerries bird's-eye. At the top, you will also discover one of the Karelian places of power, visit the adit and see the Finnish observation post. 12:40 - Läskelä waterfall at the hydroelectric power station. Once a natural waterfall, now it is a flood spillway located at the dam of the Lyaskelsky hydroelectric power station. 13:00 - 9th May waterfall (Prokinkoski)… A small but stormy waterfall on the remains of a Finnish mill. 13:20 - Peyukhinkoski waterfall, he is also a Voroshilka, he is a waterfall on May 13th. A little-known and inaccessible waterfall. Its total height is 40 meters, but because of the cascades, you will not feel these dimensions. 14:20 - Lower Koirinoya waterfall - a low but spectacular waterfall. 14:40 - Upper Koirinoya waterfall on the ruins of a former Finnish mill 15:50 - waterfalls White bridges (Yukankoski) and White bridges 2… Yukankoski is one of the most desirable waterfalls in Karelia for exploring, the largest in the Northern Ladoga area and South Karelia. During floods, the water in the Kulismayoki River is even more than in Suna with its famous Kivach! 18:10 - the end of the program in Sortavala, at the railway station.
What is included in the price and what is not
- The price includes the work of a professional guide along the route
- If you are in your car, then I sit down with you, and we go along the route. If you need transport, it is paid separately from 5000 rubles for a group of up to 3 people (car), for a larger group you can order a minibus from 8000 to 12000 rubles, depending on the capacity of the minibus.
- A set meal in a cafe is also paid separately - 300 rubles per person; visiting the waterfalls White Bridges - 300 rubles per person.
Features of the organization of the trip
- The excursion for you will be led by me or another guide from my team
- In winter and autumn-spring, due to the short daylight hours, inspection of some objects may take place in the dark or at dusk.
- If weather conditions threaten the safety of travelers, the guide can change the program, replacing some objects with others or completely excluding them from the route
For arriving from St. Petersburg
To fit the program into one day, we recommend going to Sortavala by the Lastochka train. This format has many advantages over a bus tour from St. Petersburg. 1. You will reach your destination in a comfortable environment and clearly on schedule, which will allow you to be in time wherever planned. Departure from Finland Station at 6:15 - arrival in Sortavala at 10:20, return journey: 18:45 - 22:43. 2. It is safer than driving along the Sortavala serpentines, especially in winter 3.The ticket price is about 400 rubles / person
The beginning of the excursion at the railway station of Sortavala. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.