Where does Istanbul begin? To answer this question, we take a look outside and inside the three attractions of the historic center: the Byzantine Hippodrome Square, the resplendent Blue Mosque and the monumental Hagia Sophia. It is here, with our help, that you will find the key to understanding the city, its origins and ancient culture. Group excursion Duration 3.5 hours Group size up to 20 people Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 per 1 review € 36 € 26 per person 30%Discount when ordering before March 16
What awaits you
From Byzantium to the Ottoman Empire After gathering the group, we will head to the historical area of Sultanahmet to explore the three symbols of the ancient city
- Hippodrome Square - the center of social life, built during the Byzantine Empire. You will learn about the purpose of this place, take a look at the legendary Serpentine Head, the German Fountain and ancient obelisks that were brought from Egypt.
- Blue Mosque will become our portal to the Ottoman era. We will help you discover the secret of its name, understand whether the student of the architect Mimar Sinan surpassed his teacher, and tell you where and how the Ottoman sultans and their subjects prayed.
- Hagia Sophia Mosque, which since its inception occupied a special place in the culture of two empires, Byzantine and Ottoman. Get ready to view the monumental cathedral from the outside, appreciate its interior decoration and hear about the main milestones in the history of this great structure.
Everyday life of the ancient city The centuries-old history of Istanbul is filled with riddles and paradoxes, some of which we will try to solve on excursions. You will find out what peoples inhabited the ancient metropolis, how they got along with each other and what contribution they made to the Istanbul culture. And also imagine the life of the townspeople during the Byzantine and Ottoman empires, their traditions and customs.
- We will meet you at your hotel if you are staying in the tourist area (Sultanahmet, Laleli, Beyazit, Sirkeci, Eminonu, Taksim districts). The gathering of guests takes about 30 - 40 minutes of the total time of the excursion.
- We go sightseeing inside
- The excursion for you will be led by me or another guide from our team
The tour starts at your hotel. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.