A journey from century to century - it awaits you on our excursion in a group of up to 20 people. You will discover the bright facets of the history and culture of Istanbul in the luxurious halls of the Dolmabahce Palace, in the mysterious underground reservoir and in the great Suleymaniye Mosque. Get to know the details of architecture, learn about the life of the sultans and visit a picturesque observation deck. Group excursion Duration 3.5 hours Group size up to 20 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus Rating 5 on 3 reviews € 50 € 35 per person 30%Discount when ordering before March 18
What awaits you
Dolmabahce Palacewhere you will be transported to the times of the last sultans of the Ottoman Empire. See the Ceremonial Hall, the ruler's quarters, a 2-ton crystal chandelier, trophies, armor, and gifts from kings and emperors around the world. You will also have time to walk around the grounds and take pictures at the graceful gate.
Basilica Cistern - underground reservoir of Constantinople, 4-6 centuries. You will learn the history of its construction, understand the role for the city and feel the mysterious atmosphere reigning here.
Suleymaniye Mosque, named after Suleiman the Magnificent, perhaps the most famous Ottoman sultan. He is buried in the mausoleum on the territory of the mosque together with his wife Roksolana. You will hear the story of their love, appreciate the skill of the architect Sinan and be impressed by the panorama of Istanbul.
Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, the Basilica Cistern does not work, so instead you will visit another ancient reservoir (in 90% of cases) or small Hagia Sophia.
- The tour takes place on a comfortable bus in a group of up to 20 people
- Entrance fees are included in the price
- Explore all parts of Dolmabahce Palace except for the harem
- We will meet you at your hotel if you are staying in the tourist area (Sultanahmet, Laleli, Beyazit, Sirkeci, Eminonu, Taksim districts). The gathering of guests takes about 30 - 40 minutes of the total time of the excursion.
- The excursion for you will be led by me or another guide from our team
The tour starts at your hotel. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking. History and Architecture Dolmabahce Palace 9