Where the spirit of freedom reigns, where the mountains reach the clouds, where guests are always welcome - you will go on a trip to North Ossetia-Alania. This 8-hour bus tour in a group of up to 20 people will reveal to you the history of the stone towers and the legends of the “City of the Dead”, the culture and traditions of the region. You will understand what determined the life of the highlanders and admire the gorges. Group excursion Duration 8 hours Group size up to 20 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus 1850 rubles per person
History, culture and beauty of Ossetia You will be carried away by stories about the centuries-old traditions of Ossetia-Alania, medieval military stories and architecture will amaze you. The route is laid along the Kurtat Gorge and Dargav Valley, where Ossetian villages with stone towers have been preserved - we will tell you about their role. Offers
- Kadargavan canyon, where for hundreds of years a mountain river washed away the rocks, and a huge fallen boulder became a bridge over the canyon.
- Dzivgis rock fortress times of the invasion of Tamerlane. You will understand the tactical features of the structure and imagine how the highlanders defended themselves from enemy raids.
- Tower of Kurt and Tag, as well as other family towers and terraces, recaptured by farmers from the mountains.
- The village of Tsmiti, "Strewn" with towers, objects of cultural heritage. Here the stories of the Tsimitinsky community and its way of life will come to life.
- Holy Dormition Alansky Monastery - built in 2000, this monastery became the highest in Russia.
- Fiagdon Monuments: you will see the "Grieving Horse", which remembers the Kurtatin people who gave their lives in the Great Patriotic War; don't miss the world's first monument to Lenin and the bust of Stalin.
- Dargav necropolis, or "City of the dead"… We will reveal to you the legends of the tombs and explain the symbolism of their form.
- Karmadon gorge - narrow, austere and fantastically beautiful. It is notorious for the collapse of the Kolka glacier, during which local residents and the film crew of Sergei Bodrov died.
From Karmadon you will go back to Vladikavkaz - with new knowledge, emotions and hundreds of photo memories!
- Included in the price: travel expenses, all entrance fees, a light lunch or organizing a picnic lunch in a picturesque location in the mountains
- Of the additional costs, only possible spending on souvenirs (paid only in cash)
- Depending on the weather on the day of the excursion and in agreement with the group, the route can be adjusted
- The excursion for you will be led by me or another guide from our team
The beginning of the excursion in the center of Vladikavkaz. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.