Knight's castle, snow-covered gingerbread facades, aromas of hot pretzel and good ale - from the first minutes Vyborg will take you to the pages of an old Swedish fairy tale. We will take a leisurely stroll from the Market Square to the Town Hall, plunging into the history of the city. And in the 16th century manor we will taste a pretzel and meet the fortune teller from the Kalevala epic. Group excursion Duration 2.5 hours Group size up to 10 people Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.5 on 4 reviews 450 rubles per person
What awaits you
Spirit of the Old City A couple of steps from the station - and we are on the medieval streets of Vyborg. Through the Finnish Bay of the Bolshoy Kovsh Bay we will walk to the cobbled Market Square, where a couple of centuries ago the life of a medieval city was in full swing. You will see the historical building of the market, next to which there is a "gingerbread" battle tower - fat Catherine. We will certainly talk about its history, estimate the thickness of the walls and reveal the secret of its name
For ale and pretzel - to the Burger estate To warm up and refresh ourselves a little, we will take a look at the Burger's estate of the 16th century. Here you will get acquainted with the works of Vyborg artisans and taste a delicious symbol of the city, a fragrant pretzel, which can be accompanied by Vyborg ale or a cup of tea. Another surprise will be a meeting with the heroine of the Karelian-Finnish epic "Kalevala" - the old woman Louhi, who will help to fulfill the desire and find love in the New Year
Medieval labyrinths Next you will be met by the picturesque Fortress Street. You will stroll past ancient houses, see the Church of St. Hyacinth and synchronize your clocks at the foot of the snow-white Clock Tower. And then we will head to the heart of the city, to the Town Hall Square, where you will appreciate the fabulous view of the Vyborg Castle and meet its legendary founder - Torgils Knutsson.
- The format of a mini-group of up to 10 people will allow you, if necessary, to freely ask the guide with a question and not be afraid to miss out on interesting information due to the crowd of tourists
- The tour will be led by a professional guide from our team
- Pretzel tasting and drinks are paid separately - 250 rubles per person
- The start time of the excursion coincides with the arrival from St. Petersburg to the railway station of the high-speed train "Lastochka"
- After the walk, you can visit the Castle Island on your own
The excursion starts at the Vyborg railway station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.