Little Krantz made his way from a fishing village to the first resort in Zemlandia. You can walk along its streets for hours: look at the centuries-old houses, winding alleys, a cozy park with a pond and, of course, the sea! Fire hydrants will greet you in the alleyways, and carved dragons will greet you on the facades of buildings. You, as well as holidaymakers of the last century, will remain enchanted by Krantz. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 2 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 on 2 reviews from2000 rub. for 1-2 people or 1000 rubles. per person if there are more of you
What awaits you
The charm of the resort streets Guided by the old German map, we will go back a hundred years and walk through the most significant places of the cozy town
- On the Königsbergerstraße shopping street, we will see the surviving villas, hotels, post office, bakery and even the "House of the Starry Sky". As before, there are many shops, shops and souvenirs. Bright and noisy on holidays, foggy and deserted in the mornings, with a touch of sadness in the rain and very musically sultry summer evenings!
- All the roads of Krantz lead to the sea! So we will go along a cobbled street to the coast in the area of women's baths Damenbad to enjoy the fresh sea air.
- Then we will find ourselves in the Plantage park: we will feed the ducks on the Storchteich pond, if we are lucky, we will see a family of swans or the "watchman" of the Bridge of Sighs. We will also embrace a real imperial oak and remember Queen Louise.
- On the way back we will admire the church of St. Adalbert and the water tower, which can be seen from any part of the city. In conclusion, we will walk through the former Corso: you will see the building of the Krantz administration, imagine what this place was like a century ago, and in warm weather you can taste the mineral water from Louise's pump room.
The Krantz Chronicles Walking along the picturesque streets, the promenade and the park, you will learn about the life and leisure of the old city, and the set of rules for vacationers will greatly surprise you. I will talk about resort navigation and beach baskets, local mineral water and mud therapy, show archival photographs of the resort and introduce you to its architectural styles: you will learn to distinguish fachwerk, "dragon" style, neoclassicism and art nouveau. And of course, I will be happy to answer your questions about modern life in Zelenogradsk.
- The excursion starts at the Zelenogradsk railway station, where you get on your own (the road from Kaliningrad to Zelenogradsk by bus or train will take 25 to 45 minutes)
- The tour can also be organized for a larger group (maximum 6 participants). If you are more than 3 people, the surcharge for each subsequent participant will be 500 rubles.
- This is an action-packed walking tour: please dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
The excursion starts at the Zelenogradsk railway station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.